Assign Legal Recruitment Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘we’ or ‘our’), which term shall include its successors or assigns, endeavours to fully comply at all times with the law, practice and procedure of the Data Protection legislation of the Republic of Ireland and /or any additional jurisdiction in which we may operate either now or at any time in the future.
We may collect personal data or information about you when:
- You complete one of our registration forms or provide any other personal data and information in connection with your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your current or former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or background checks including credit and criminal record checks
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- We collect information about you from public domain sources
- You provide us with any additional information about you
We may use your personal data or information in connection with or for the following purposes:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking criminal reference checks and other background checks, including credit checks for positions in the Republic of Ireland or any additional jurisdiction in which we may operate either now or in the future involving significant financial risk and otherwise as permitted by law
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- Our direct marketing to you
We may disclose your personal data or information to:
- Our employees and potential and actual employers, clients of Assign Legal Recruitment Limited and trusted third parties who may be based outside of the Republic of Ireland (to include any other jurisdictions where we may provide our services in the future) regarding possible or actual work placements and to assist us in providing our services to you
- External providers of online training and induction – e.g. background checking agencies – e.g. criminal record and credit checking agencies
- Third party contractors/service providers for the purposes of providing us with specialised and efficient database management and development. Such service providers/contractors may be based outside of the Republic of Ireland and will only use your information for the purpose of providing services to Assign Legal Recruitment Limited and will not use your information for any other purpose
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to our website.
Failure to provide your personal data or information may mean that:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you; and
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
Types of personal data or information held by Assign Legal Recruitment Limited and when and how it is collected
Personal data and information includes information regarding your contact details, work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (e.g. references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements. We may also process information about you where it is available from public sources. We may, for example, combine information obtained from your on-line professional profile (if any) with information you may have provided directly to us.
Management of personal data and information
We train our staff to respect the confidentiality of the personal data and information of clients and candidates and the privacy of individuals in general. We regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and any breach will result in disciplinary action being taken, dependent upon severity.
Our storage and protection of personal data and information
Safeguarding the privacy of your personal data and information is important to Assign Legal Recruitment Limited, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal data and information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal data and information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider personal data and information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
Maintenance of up-to-date personal data and information
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal data and information we hold and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. We recognise that personal data and information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your personal data and information in the manner most appropriate to you. Please advise us when your personal details change to enable us retain up-to-date records at all times.
General information collected from visitors to our website
We may gather information about all of our website users collectively, such as what areas users visit more frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall website experience for you.
Your personal data and information collected on our website
In some instances we may need specific personal data and information about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number etc. We will collect this personal data and information if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website. We may also ask you for other personal data and information such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
Enquiries & complaints
You can make enquiries, requests to access/delete or correct your personal data and information, or complain about alleged breaches directly to us at any time.
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 10 working days, and aim to resolve all complaints within 30 working days. This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. In this situation, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in the Republic of Ireland.
Job Alerts and Industry News
We may keep in touch with you once you have sent us your C.V. by letting you know about job alerts together with any industry news and events. If for any reason you decide that you would prefer not to receive these updates, then please use the unsubscribe link on our e-mail.
You can gain access to the personal data and information that we hold about you subject only to any legitimate exceptions that may apply under the data protection legislation of the Republic of Ireland.
To make a request to access your personal data and information, you must complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. Please contact us for an application form. We aim to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made and provide access to the personal data and information in the manner requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access which we will discuss with you. You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve personal data and information from storage and review it in order to determine what personal data and information is relevant.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal data and information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal.
You may request that we correct the personal data and information that we hold about you if you deem it to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps under the circumstances to correct the personal data and information.
If we refuse to correct your personal data and information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons detailing our refusal to correct the personal data and information. Should we refuse you may ask us to place with the personal data and information a statement that the personal data and information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading and we will take such reasonable steps under the circumstances to associate the statement with your information. If you wish to exercise your rights of correction you should contact us for an application form. We will not charge you for making the request to correct your personal data and information, correcting the personal data and information, or associating a statement.
We may have areas on our website or by e-mail, telephone, meeting or other methods whereby you can submit feedback to us. Any feedback so obtained through these methods becomes our property. We may use this feedback, such as personal, career or business experiences, success stories, testimonials or responses to surveys, for marketing purposes and business development purposes or to contact you for further feedback on the site.