A well established Dublin law firm with a strong and enviable insolvency practice reputation is now looking for an insolvency practitioner to join its ranks. Our client’s opening is for an experienced, confident and capable associate solicitor to join its growing insolvency and corporate restructuring department and its lead partner. Our client’s insolvency practice works on behalf of leading Banks, financial institutions, accountancy firms, statutory bodies and creditors. Excellent career advancement assured for the right candidate.
• A mixture of contentious and non-contentious work acting for lenders and borrowers in distressed situations, insolvency practitioners and directors of troubled companies
• Advising, liasing and working with insolvency practitioners in a variety of insolvencies to assist in maximizing the chances of survival of client businesses and companies and / or ensuring good returns for the creditors, shareholders, guarantors and directors and the formulation of restructuring strategies
• Providing specialist advice in corporate and personal insolvency to include Court Liquidations, Creditors Meetings, Employees’ Rights, Examinerships, Voluntary Liquidations, Receiverships and Corporate Restructuring, turnarounds, restructuring and asset recovery
• Advising prior to the commencement of any receivership, examinership, provisional liquidation or liquidation and on the appropriate forms of appointment
• The negotiation and drafting of insolvency proceedings such as winding up applications, appointments of provisional liquidators, examinership, receivership and Court applications for directions for an insolvency practitioner and the pursuit of preference claims or fraudulent lending, reckless trading, S.150 restrictions of Director and S.160 disqualifications of Directors.
• A qualified solicitor with good academics and at least 5 years pqe in insolvency and restructuring in a similar type practice
• Sound business sense and judgment as it relates to the development and implementation of corporate re-organisation and reconstruction
• Good team member
• Excellent written, drafting, oral and communication skills required
• Resilient with an ability to take on a high level of responsibility and maintain good client relationships
To apply for this position send your CV in strict confidence to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion telephone us on (01) 910 6921 or (01) 910 6927.