Our client is seeking to engage a new Health, Safety and Sustainability Officer to support its projects in the field of construction and civil engineering. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a project using modern methods of construction (MMC) working across a range of sectors.
• Provide Health, Safety and Environmental advise and support to project delivery teams and stakeholders.
• Carry out audits/inspections of Vision Built projects in line with management system.
• Implementation of the VB OHS and Environmental management system requirements.
• Attend relevant site meetings including start up meetings, project meetings and supply chain meetings.
• Internal reporting of H&S and Environmental metrics on various systems including Ecoonline and Smartwaste.
• Manage training needs of the project team for Health, Safety and including delivery of courses where appropriate.
• Support the VB Head of Health, Safety and Sustainability in continual improvement of the management systems.
• Assist tender and pre-qualification teams where required.
• Be familiar with key pieces of legislation such as Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005,
• Organisation of Working Time Act 1997, Safety in Industry Act 1980 etc.
• Be aware of critical legislative changes and best practices to enable the provision of competent Health, Safety and Environmental advice to the site stakeholders.
• Incident reporting and investigation.
Experience & Skills:
• Minimum 3 years as a Health and Safety professional.
• IOSH Membership and technical qualifications.
• Time Management and Organisation Skills.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Firm understanding of performance management
• Strong IT skills
To apply or find out more about this role, please contact Assign Recruitment www.assign.ie in strictest confidence on 01-910 6921 or 087 2790366 or email your CV to email@example.com