Our Client, a leading Irish law firm based in Dublin with offices in London and New York now has a vacancy for a Lawyer to work on the investment funds team. Overall the firm’s area of expertise includes financial services, corporate, dispute resolution, real estate, technology and data management, tax, construction and employment and benefits.
• Representing asset managers in the formation of UCITS and QIAIFs, including drafting the key fund documentation such as prospectuses, supplements and instruments of Incorporation.
• Drafting and negotiating material fund contracts such as management agreements, distribution agreements, investment management agreements, administration and depositary agreements.
• Applying to the Central Bank and obtaining authorisation for asset managers to act as discretionary investment managers to UCITS and QIAIFs.
• Advising asset managers in relation to their ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, responsibilities include assisting clients in the updating of fund documentation, advising clients of regulatory developments and maintaining compliance procedures for UCITS and QIAIFs.
• Discussing new funds with both start-up and experienced managers.
• Applying for the registration of UCITS and QIAIFs with foreign regulatory authorities.
• Advising clients on the application of fund regulations to their business, including, where relevant, registering firms with the Central Bank as a Registered AIFM.
• Reviewing fund documentation for institutional investors and preparing diligence reports.
• The ideal candidate will have 0 to 3 years PQE in a large corporate Law Firm.
• Be qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland or England and Wales.
• Have a keen interest in working on a small number of mandates that don’t fit a traditional private funds role including joint venture agreements and occasionally advice on M&A transactions in the funds space.
• Have strong technical skills, along with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and work well in a team.
To apply for this role send your CV in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion telephone Mary on (01) 910 6927 or (087) 165 8722.